Webinar 28.11.2020 End of analysis: the Cause of the No-Body
- 28-11-2020 18:30
- 28-11-2020 20:00
On 28th of November 2020 Petros Patounas, psychoanalyst of the School of the Freudian Letter, will present a seminar entitled End of analysis: the Cause of the No-Body.
What is the end of one’s analysis and how the body and the experience of the world change? What is the place of the object a in the subject who has been analyzed? How desire manifests? What is the place of symptoms in the end of analysis?
P. Patounas will be responding to these questions and will touch upon the following, amongst other, themes:
- The Other and the end of analysis.
- The body and the world.
- Ways of ending analysis: the Symptom, the Sinthome, and the Act.
- The experience of love: the one who carries the object a and the one who supports desire.
- The end of analysis and the transmission of desire: from the body of the Uncanny to the world.
- The fundamental fantasy and the literal of desire.
- Remarks on the Freudian Abstinence vs the Subtraction of the Subject.
- Topology: a few remarks on practicing with a No-Body.
- The world within the world.
- The function of the Death drive after analysis.
- The death of the Nix-Being: the Signifier, the Letter and the Signature.
- Free Association and Desire.
- The Act we call ‘a psychoanalyst’.
Fees: GBP 10
Date and time: 28.11.2020, from 6:30pm - 8pm
The seminar will be delivered online via Zoom application. You can book your ticket via Eventbrite here. After booking a ticket you will receive the webinar link and password via email.
Webinar 24.10.2020 'Oceanic Feeling': a Monad without Perspective
- 24-10-2020 18:30
- 24-10-2020 20:00
On 24th of October 2020 Petros Patounas, psychoanalyst of the School of the Freudian Letter, will hold a seminar entitled 'Oceanic Feeling': a Monad without Perspective.
In psychoanalysis, including the works of Freud, the 'Oceanic Feeling' is characterised as a feeling and not as a topological space where the subject can facilitate countless possibilities. It has been associated with the real, psychoses, dreams; and a plethora of explanations have been given without, however, being linked with what Freud has called the exception to the rule of love. In this webinar, Petros Patounas will touch upon the following, amongst other, themes:
- Oceanic experience and Love.
- Anxiety and the Ocean of the Monad.
- Feminine Jouissance and the ‘body of the World’ that is not universal.
- Where the Ego was, the Act shall be.
- Creation and Faith.
- Object a as cause of desire within the non-oceanic.
Date and time: 24.10.2020, from 6:30pm - 8pm
The seminar will be delivered online via Zoom application. To register and receive the webinar link and password please send your request to the email below.
Webinar 23.09.2020 “Das Ding: that which is Feminine”
- 23-09-2020 19:00
- 23-09-2020 20:30
On 23rd of September 2020 Petros Patounas, psychoanalyst of the School of the Freudian Letter, will hold a seminar entitled: “Das Ding: that which is Feminine”.
Among others, the presentation will touch upon themes and questions such as:
- What is the Thing?
- What place does it have in the psychoanalytic practice?
- How is it associated with Jouissance?
- Das Ding and desire.
- The Thing and the Breath.
- The object a, das ding and the object of desire.
Date and time: 23.09.2020, from 7pm - 8.30pm
The seminar will be delivered online via Zoom application, therefore, please get in touch to receive your link and password.
Webinar 22.02.2020 "The Table Of No-Body"
- 22-02-2020 14:00
- 22-02-2020 16:00
On the 22nd of February 2020 psychoanalyst Petros Patounas will commence a series of presentations with a title “On the Monad’s Dark Matter”.
Patounas will open the series with a seminar “The Table of No-Body”.
The No-Body: the subject’s space in the Άπειρον (Infinite) with the Act as the body’s grounding point. The table of sexuation and the ‘at least one’ who desires, not the woman as an object, but to give a body to its own Act. The new Borromean knot where the object a is replaced by an Act… A new transference neither of the Other nor the Same.
The seminar will take place at the premises of the Cyprus Society of the SFL at 14:00 UK time and will be transmitted in real time via Zoom application. If you wish to participate in this event you can purchase a ticket from Eventbrite.
With this seminar the School of the Freudian Letter installs the online seminars as part of its transmission of psychoanalysis and desire. This is the first of many encounters where some of the audience will be beyond the seminar room as the conversation is transmitted live via a virtual classroom.